Rebuilding a Website; The Headache of the Weekend

So over the weekend, with the help of my wife, Michelle, I decided it was time to blow the dust off of some of Braehawk Tech’s material, take a set of jumper cables, and see if the website could still breathe a little. I pretty much found out the hard way that this website was all but dead, and we were looking at a ground up overhaul.

The first thing I discovered, upon visiting my own website on my iPad, was that my site was no longer compatible with a mobile device like a tablet. These days I do prefer to do most of my computer activities on my iPad, for the usual reasons; lighter, more portable, more comfortable. This is the case even though I have a high end gaming PC, and a specked out 17” Dell laptop at my disposal. There is a lot to be said about comfort and portability, though. But I digress. I soon found myself firing up my laptop anyway, to figure out what was going on with my website. Long story short, the theme was outdated, as were all the plugins.

So commence to making sure everything was updated, which somehow managed to delete all of the site’s content. Fantastic. I quickly accept that, and go about figuring out a whole new theme. Which, to say the least, made me realize that the nature of these themes could be a little more straight forward than what they actually are, but okay, whatever.

I think I finally figured out this theme, then it was on to widgets, menus and headers…oh my!

The point of this story is if you happen to be reading this, please have a little patience. This site is once again a work in progress.

More to Follow!